How to wash a Littlin cloth diaper
Before you use a Littlin diaper for the first time, wash on hot at least once. Wash up to 3 times on hot for maximum absorbency. This is to ensure the natural oils from the bamboo cotton are rinsed out.
There are 4 easy steps to take care of your diapers:
1. Knock or rinse solids over the toilet and store the diaper in a wet bag or a dry pail until you're ready to run a wash cycle. Diapers from babies who are exclusively breastfed won't need a rinse because the solid waste is water soluble.
2. Run a pre-wash on cold without any detergent. This will help remove any debris before a cleaning wash.
3. Run a hot wash with cloth-safe detergent. This disinfects and cleans the diapers. The type of detergent you use will depend on the type of machine you have as well as the hardness of your water. An extra rinse on cold may be necessary to rinse off any remaining detergent.
4. Hang your diapers or tumble dry on low. Be careful not to stretch your elastics while hot.
- If you want to remove stains, hang the diapers outside in the sun - this is called 'sunning'.
- Use only cloth -safe creams and ointments.
- Never use fabric softener or dryer sheets.